Information We Collect
PTC may collect certain information about you when you use the Services. The information collected may vary, and may include the following categories of information:
- Personal information, such as your name, social security number, current employment information, employee identification number, driver’s license information, date of birth, information on the drug and alcohol tests conducted under our client’s drug testing programs, email address, mailing address, and phone number;
- Account information, such as your username or password (or anything else that identifies you) used to access or use the Services, including, without limitation, to create an account;
- Information collected through automated methods, such as, without limitation, cookies, beacons (“pixels”), or Flash cookies, which identify an individual computer’s browser or other information about a website user. Cookies are small files that assist in providing customized services. PTC uses information collected through automated methods to help analyze web page flow and to measure promotional effectiveness. PTC offers certain features that are only available through the use of a cookie.
- Any and all other information that you choose to provide to PTC when you access or use the Services.
What do we use your information for?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used for various purposes, including in one or more of the following ways:
- To establish an account;
- To provide access to our Services;
- To handle customer service and support;
- To process and fulfill your requests made through the Services;
- To communicate with you about your accounts, requests, comments, and questions;
- To comply with applicable law such as to prevent fraud and monitor against theft, and to comply with legal obligations and PTC’s policies to establish, exercise, or defend against legal claims, and to monitor and report compliance issues;
- To improve our website and customer service;
- To conduct research and help us learn more about your preferences and enhance your experience; and
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
Who Has Access to Your Information?
PTC does not sell your personal information, nor has it done so in the past 12 months.
We may disclose personal information to third parties in order to perform services requested or functions initiated by you. In addition, we may disclose personal information in order to identify you in connection with communications sent through the Services. In some situations, your information will be shared with a third party that you have a specific relationship with, such as, for example, your employer. We may provide external access to client data to pipeline operators, Federal /State Auditing agencies, agencies engaged by pipeline operators or ISNetworld. All personal information transmitted by PTC to outside entities passes through a firewall and an IDS/IPS (intrusion prevention system).
We also may share information, including personal information, that we collect as needed to enforce our rights, protect our property, or protect the rights, property, or safety of others, or as needed to support external auditing, compliance, and corporate governance functions. We will disclose personal information as we deem necessary to respond to a subpoena, regulation, binding agency order, legal process, governmental request, or other legal or regulatory process. We may also share personal information as required to pursue available remedies or limit damages we may sustain.
We may also disclose your personal information for various administrative purposes, as allowed by law.
We may transfer information, including your personal information, in connection with a merger, sale, acquisition, or other change of ownership or control by or of us or any affiliated company (in each case whether in whole or in part).
We may release your information, including your personal information, if it is necessary to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property, or safety. We may provide aggregate data and information to third parties to describe how our customers are using the Services.
PTC receives client data via hypertext transfer protocol-secure using standard 128-bit SSL encryption. Access to the transfer site is credential-based. PTC will also accept transmission of client employee personal information regarding employee testing. All such data received by e-mail will be manually transferred to the PTC database by authorized company personnel. Any electronic mail transmission sent by PTC containing more than a four-digit identifier will be password protected or otherwise encrypted prior to transmission.
Client data will be maintained on a PTC-owned server by authorized PTC personnel. Access to this server, and any computer networked to this server, is controlled by “Credentials Based Identity Authorization and Access Control” authentication. Only PTC personnel with properly authenticated credentials may access client data.
Data is regularly backed up to an off-site, third-party data hosting service. All such data is encrypted prior to transfer and maintained by the hosting service in encrypted fashion.
No security system is completely secure, and we cannot guarantee that the personal information you provide will not be disclosed or intercepted.
“Do Not Track” signals
At this time, there is no consistent industry standard concerning what websites should do in response to “Do Not Track” signals. Thus, we do not currently take any action in response.
The California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) does not apply to PTC because PTC is not a “Business” pursuant to Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.140(c).
The Colorado Privacy Act does not apply to PTC pursuant to Colorado S.B. 21-190 § 6-1-1304.
The Connecticut Data Privacy Act does not apply to PTC pursuant to P.A. 22-15 § 2(1)-(2); Id. at § 1(7).
Nevada residents may send a request to opt out of the sale of personal information to the address under the “Contact” section, below or by calling this toll-free number: 800-294-8758. PTC may ask you to verify your identity after receiving such a request.
The Utah Consumer Privacy Act (“UCPA”) does not apply to PTC pursuant to Utah S.B. 227 § 13-61-102(1).
The Virginia Consumer Data Protection Act (“VCDPA”) does not apply to PTC pursuant to Va. Code Ann. § 59.1-576 (Effective January 1, 2023).
Terms and Conditions
Pipeline Testing Consortium, Inc.
9 Compound Drive
Hutchinson, KS 67502